DPI LIFESCAN SAVING LIVES
Heart disease and cancer are the leading causes of death in America. These life-threatening conditions can develop and progress inside your body without detection.
You may exercise. You may eat right. You may try to take good care of yourself. You may even get regular check-ups. But that doesn’t mean you’re not at risk. If your doctor has no reason to suspect that something is wrong, it is unlikely the condition will be discovered through routine check-ups.
That’s why DPI LifeScan is so important. It gives you a clear picture of your current condition or it can assess your risk for developing serious health problems in the future.
Traditional medicine tends to react to symptoms, if you are a high-risk individual for cancer or heart disease, taking control of your health could save your life. The DPI LifeScan screening, our board-certified Radiologist and our Physicians will provide you with the valuable information you need now.
DPI LifeScan uses Computed Tomography (CT) to perform a comprehensive, body scan that safely delivers vital health information. This extremely sensitive imaging technology scans brain, chest, abdomen and pelvis, producing a clear picture of what’s really going on beneath the surface. By capturing thin-slice body images, LifeScan can generate a 3-D image revealing any abnormalities in your body.
The LifeScan: CT of Brain, Chest, Abdomen and Pelvis is recommended for:
- Current and former smokers
- Those who have a family history of cancer or heart disease
- Anyone who has been diagnosed with high cholesterol
- Anyone with borderline/high blood pressure
- Anyone at risk for coronary artery disease
- Anyone who “just wants to know” if all is OK
The following factors can greatly increase your risk for a stroke, heart attack, cancer or other life-threatening disease.
- Poor dietary choices
- Lack of exercise
What types of scans are available?
- LifeScan: CT of Brain, Chest, Abdomen and Pelvis - The LifeScan includes Brain, Chest, Abdomen and Pelvis scan reveal early signs of cancer in the brain, lungs, liver, pancreas, kidneys and gallbladder. The brain scan may reveal benign or malignant tumors or infections. The abdomen and pelvis scan could identify tumors in liver, pancreas, kidneys and the gallbladder. Detection of cysts, gallstones and kidney stones. We will look for enlarged lymph nodes and we will check the condition of your pelvis, hip joints, middle and lower spine and arteries. The chest scan may locate lung tumors, scar tissue, emphysema and infection.
- LifeScan: CT of the Chest - The chest scan may find lung tumors, scar tissue, emphysema and infection. Recommended for current and former smokers
- LifeScan: Calcium Score - Used to check for the buildup of calcium and plaque on the walls of the arteries of the heart. The calcium deposits can narrow your arteries and increase your heart attack risk.
- LifeScan: Calcium Score with CT the Chest
Our Team of Experts - One of our board certified radiologist will study your scans and compose a detailed report for you and our DPI LifeScan physician. The DPI LifeScan physician will discuss the results of your LifeScan and will provide you with helpful lifestyle recommendations and treatment options. If health risks are determined, you will be referred to a specialist for follow-up. You will leave with a comprehensive report and your LifeScan images on CD. You can then take the report to your personal physician or specialist to discuss the findings. Our technologists are ARRT accredited and Florida State registered.
State-of-the-Art Technology DPI LifeScan is a cutting-edge technology that gives you a clear picture of your current condition or it can assess your risk for developing serious health problems in the future. It can find health problems that already exist and may identify conditions at risk for complications in the future.
Siemens CARE Dose4D Technology assures that you will be exposed to the lowest possible amount of radiation — in fact, LifeScan exposes you to “30 percent less radiation” than most other imaging centers. Our equipment is ACR accredited
Our facilities - Diagnostic Professionals, Inc. has four convenient and easily accessible locations. We offer you comfortable facilities with state-of-the-art technology. We will accommodate your appointment and provide you with all the necessary information before your test. Click here for locations.
Don’t leave tomorrow to chance. If hidden problems exist, find out NOW so you can act as quickly as possible. Determine your future risk for developing life-threatening diseases now, while simple lifestyle changes and low-risk treatments can make a difference.
Schedule your DPI LifeScan appointment today; call DPI today at (954) 566-4551. For additional questions please visit LifeScan FAQs.
Many insurance companies do not offer reimbursement for these examinations. The test will be performed without administration of intravenous or oral contrast. Results will be sent to a DPI LifeScan physician to be discussed with the patient. As with other health screening tests, results may be inconclusive and in some cases, additional tests could be required. Diagnostic Professionals, Inc. does not recommend such screenings as substitutes for more comprehensive exams or studies.
Diagnostic Professionals, Inc. does not provide medical advice or treatment. See additional Information.