DPI LIFESCAN: CT OF BRAIN, CHEST, ABDOMEN AND PELVIS
DPI LifeScan: CT of Brain, Chest, Abdomen and Pelvis ($1,200 subject to change)
The DPI LifeScan: CT of Brain, Chest, Abdomen and Pelvis is recommended for:
- Current and former smokers
- Those who have a family history of cancer or heart disease
- Anyone who has been diagnosed with high cholesterol
- Anyone with borderline/high blood pressure
- Anyone at risk for coronary artery disease
- Anyone who “just wants to know” if all is OK
DPI LifeScan can even alert you to your potential risk for developing a serious health condition, so you can take the necessary steps to manage the condition — before it leads to bigger problems.
Your DPI LifeScan can reveal early signs of cancer in the brain, lungs, liver, pancreas, kidneys and gallbladder. It includes:
- The brain scan may reveal benign or malignant tumors or infections.
- The chest scan can locate lung tumors, scar tissue, emphysema and infection. Lung cancer claimed about 157,000 lives in 2010, more than the deaths from colorectal, breast, pancreatic and prostate cancers combined. Most patients discover their disease too late for treatment, and 85 percent die from it. A study conducted by the National Cancer Institute has found that CT scans of current and former heavy smokers reduced their risk of death from lung cancer by 20 percent. Even more surprising, the scans seem to reduce the risks of death from other causes as well, suggesting that the scans could be catching other illnesses. Heart scans may show that you have a higher risk of having a heart attack or other problems before you have any obvious symptoms of heart disease.
- The abdomen and pelvis scan may identify tumors in liver, pancreas, kidneys and the gallbladder. It could detect cysts, gallstones and kidney stones. We will look for enlarged lymph nodes and we will check the condition of your pelvis, hip joints, middle and lower spine and arteries.
Don’t leave tomorrow to chance. If hidden problems exist, find out NOW so you can act as quickly as possible. Determine your future risk for developing life-threatening diseases now, while simple lifestyle changes and low-risk treatments can make a difference.
Schedule your DPI LifeScan appointment today; call DPI today at (954) 566-4551. For additional questions please visit LifeScan FAQs.
Many insurance companies do not offer reimbursement for these examinations. The test will be performed without administration of intravenous or oral contrast. Results will be sent to the referring physician to be discussed with the patient. As with other health screening tests, results may be inconclusive and in some cases, additional tests could be required. Diagnostic Professionals, Inc. does not recommend such screenings as substitutes for more comprehensive exams or studies.
Diagnostic Professionals, Inc. does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See additional Information.